A bit Mad?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the Joke thread.

IMG_1969.jpeg

But it seems to me it’s not far from the truth. Last week I was driving along the road and there was a guy walking along the pavement with one of these things. He was blowing dirt and dust off the pavement onto the drives and front gardens of the houses alongside. I can only assume he’s paid by the council to do this? Maybe it’s me, but this not only seems a pointless exercise but also a waste of money?

I love my (works) leafblower, I had to argue for it but it's the Stihl 800 backpack petrol model, it's the biggest one available and is very powerful, I can clear a playground of all loose dirt and leaves in 20 minutes 😁😁😁

Over hear they use sweepers, front end loaders , dump trucks and good old shovels when cleaning the roads in the spring. So much sand is used with salt to keep the roads safe for winter driving.

They are a pain over here, all you can hear some days is the big sit on mowers and the revving up and down incessantly of the blowers, plus occasionally it’s trees being fed into a shredder.
Each Monday there is the blast and vibration from the quarry 2 miles away which is almost pleasant in comparison.

I drove to work in Dubai once and there were foreign workers sweeping sand off the highways while the wind whipped it back on again even faster.

Sounds like the same thing ....
During a sandstorm, I saw the same on one highway in China.

Latest posts

Back